Monday, January 20, 2014

Emily is Three Months Old!


And again, we can't believe our sweet baby girl is three months old! I wrote this poem today.

You're three months old today.
I'm sitting here holding you 
While you sleep soundly.
I absolutely love 
Being your mommy.
And I've grown in ways 
I never could've imagined.
As we cuddle together 
And I feel your sweet, little breath,
My heart is overwhelmed with a love 
I've never known.
It's true when people say that they can't imagine
Their life before their child came into the world.
And it's true.
Our lives are so full of joy 
Because of you.
I'll do anything for you.
And I'll always try to do my best 
To be the best mommy I know how to be.
You are an amazing gift to us.
And I cherish this time we have.
As we cuddle together 
And I feel your sweet, little breath,
My heart is overwhelmed with a love 
I've never known.
I love you, Emily.
Our sweet daughter.

Miss Emily is growing so, so much! She is completely holding her head. She has started squealing this week and she smiles so much! She is discovering her voice and sometimes she just sits and coos and coos. Sometimes, she even yells! It's pretty hilarious. Her personality is so sweet and she has a very content nature about her.

Matt and I cherish the time we have with her. I went back to work two weeks ago and as predicted, it was challenging. I miss her like crazy. I am very thankful for my job, but I miss our sweet girl. We are both adjusting pretty well and we love her sitter, Barb. She is happy staying with her during the days! Our transition has revealed a new season of exhaustion. Haha! No seriously, I have been working hard to stay awake until 8:30pm! Matt has been so helpful in the evenings and morning as we get out of the door! It's been fun discovering true teamwork with her and our new journey as parents! He such an amazing daddy and they love each other so much!

Happy 3 Months Sweet Girl!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Von! And I just love her perky expression in that photo, adorable!!

    ReplyDelete